||2002- Present Mariposa
Horticultural Enterprise Inc.
Project Manager, Consultant, Estimator
- Estimation of large landscaping, irrigation, erosion control and re vegetation projects
- Attending pre bid meetings with government
agencies for better estimation of public works
- Continuous daily contacts with variety of
contractors in order to select the best sub contractors for participation
in public works and
large commercial site development projects
- Daily managing of materials,labors, equipments
and sub contractors
data bases in order to
maximize the ability of Timberline,
the estimating software for estimation of landscaping and irrigation
and site development projects
2001 - 2002 American Landscaping Companies, Inc
Canoga Park, CA
- Estimated large landscaping, irrigation and site development projects using the American Landscaping Companies Inc. in-house software
- Continuously contacted a variety of contractors in order to select the best sub contractors for participation in public works and large commercial site development projects
- Contacted a variety of certifying agencies and contractors for invitation of MBE, WBE, VBE and DBE certified sub contactors for public works contracts
- Estimated over - structure landscaping projects
using scientific techniques in weight calculations resulting in best possible winning bid prices
- Estimated and submitted bids on Storm water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Participated in weekly meetings and gave recommendations regarding application of technical methods for best economical use for soil management and water consumption
- Trained the companies estimating team for conversion and valuation of units of measurement
2000 - 2001 Gothic Landscaping Inc
Las Vegas, NV
Irrigation Consultant and Senior Estimator
- Performed professional irrigation designs for landscaping projects over steep slopes and
sandy, saline soils and soils with " caliche "
- Revised and corrected existing irrigation designs
for better and more efficient irrigation practices for residential and commercial projects
- Estimated million dollar or larger landscaping, irrigation and site development projects
- Applied Microsoft Word and Excel in hydraulic calculations and cost estimation for irrigation and landscaping projects
- Used the professional estimation software, Timberline for estimation of irrigation and landscaping construction and maintenance
1992 - Present EST Associates Inc
Technical Director and Consultant
- Performed landscape design work including site analysis and planting design of large-scale
- Supervised freeway planting and irrigation projects including horticultural projects along several major freeways.
- Performed soil, plant and water management to achieve successful horticultural objectives.
- Prepared sketches and plans for landscape architectural projects and selected appropriate plant materials for effective landscape design objectives.
- Analyzed soil and water qualities to evaluate
landscape design effectiveness and alternatives.
- Prepared various environmental reports, which documented research data, environmental issues
and research conclusions.
- Negotiated with City and State engineers and architects and made presentations regarding
project progress, budget and quality.
- Projects included the following:
1. Several Locations within the 91, 405, 57, 55 and 22 freeways-California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Projects
2. Freeway 91 and Artesia Blvd Off ramp-City of Cerritos Project
3. Harbour Blvd. Median -County of Los Angeles Project
4. Wetlands/Eastern Municipal Water District facility.
5. Coachella Valley water district satellite office,
Palm Desert, California
1991-1992 Spectro Analytical Instruments
Application and sale Manager
- Promoted the use and sale of ICP-OES (Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectrometry) units within thirteen western states
- Conducted Quality Assurance (Q/A), Quality Control (Q/C) regarding the data produced by ICP Spectrometers
- Trained chemists and laboratory personnel on
sample preparation, handling and ICP operating procedures
Other Professional Activities:
Landscaping and irrigation consultant:
- Excellent knowledge of hydraulic calculations
- Excellent knowledge of soil-water-plant relationship and its application for best management of landscaping maintenance projects
- Working knowledge of AUTOCAD and DESIGNCAD in landscaping and irrigation designs